Broken Apathy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Apathy

A place to share art, images, join discussions and meet new people.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Solaris 10 rant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZedRyk
Regular
Regular
ZedRyk

Solaris 10 rant Empty
PostSubject: Solaris 10 rant   Solaris 10 rant Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:55 pm

Not really a technical problem cause if I had a problem on Solaris I could get it solved. This is more of a rant, a complaint, a gripe. Hardware driver support on Solaris 10 SUCKS!!! I have this kick ass Dell Inspiron notebook. I made sure they shipped it with Ubuntu instead of Windows cause it's not that hard to get a cracked version of windows on a laptop, and Ubuntu is free. I don't pay for things if I don't have to. Well, my goal is to put Solaris on this beast 'cause it's a stable assed operating system. Well, no drivers for my video card, wireless, or ethernet cards exist. Can't load an OS if I can't see what I have to do to install the thing. Maybe they'll be there in the Solaris 11 release. Ok. I'm done ranting. Thanks for listening!
Back to top Go down

Solaris 10 rant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Apathy :: Random Acts :: Technical problems-
Jump to: